To all of you Dears who are struggling right now, I thought I might provide this list of things I have found enlightening and inspirational this week. I have found myself first in shock, and then surprisingly motivated and energized, as I realize that we all are responsible for being the change we want to see in the world. I have to credit all the work I’ve done via Somatic Experiencing for the way I am bouncing back, as well as credit the amazing field of supportive energy generated by all of the SE community. I have witnessed breathtaking honesty and capacity to question personal bias, perception, and beliefs, both by myself and others.
I am realizing that I cannot presume to know how or when change is meant to occur. I can only keep moving in the direction that makes the most sense, with love and intention, as I hold lightly my ideas about how it “should” or “shouldn’t” be.
Much love to you all. Please share if you have anything I could add to the list below that promotes love and understanding.
- This is how the future voted: see map
- The power of safety pins: symbol of anti-violence, anti-bigotry
- Jeff Goldblum’s response
- Charles Eisenstein post
- Past presidential debates footage
- Post on opportunity for feeling into our darkest parts
- Gabe Dixon Band “All Will Be Well”
- No Ordinary Time
- TPM: This is More than a Technical Failure
- WP article calling out liberals’ ignorance
- Advice from Jack Kornfield
- Reminder: Don’t bite the hook
- tricycle’s 5 Teachings for post-election healing
- on Raising awareness of micro aggression (11/12/16: I’m still struggling with the anger/aggression of the author’s tone in this one, but I am glad to have the increased awareness of other’s reactions to my reactions)