I’ve issued an invitation to everyone on the meditation reminder list, and am repeating it in this post.
I plan to commit to daily silence every day in 2013.
Please see this page for further details on how you can join me.
I have begun to act as if this commitment were already in place, in order to discover and prepare to remedy the barriers to success:
- weekends, when my spouse is home in the morning and it’s hard to get up early or take away from our shared time
- justifying to myself adding 30 minutes to my morning routine every single day
- figuring out a plan for when the morning time doesn’t happen
- deciding how I will cope with possibly missing days or forgetting
- being clear about my motivation so I can remember it when I have several days in a row of uncomfortable or unsatisfying sitting